As we all know, customers will be able to search for your products only after the products are put on the shelves on Amazon Seller Central. However, Amazon’s recent wind blowing in the 3C category has been strong enough, and UL test reports have been strictly investigated. Many sellers reported that they received relevant email notifications. The products were also suspended for sales and listing due to the inability to provide UL test reports within the specified time. Issues such as being removed from the shelves. Judging from Amazon’s action this time, UL may become a compulsory certification for selling related products on Amazon, which may result in the suspension of sales of goods already in overseas warehouses or FBA, which will have a huge impact on sellers selling related products.
Why does Amazon require UL test reports?
The electronic products sold on the Amazon platform must meet the specified standards. If they are not qualified, they are prone to fire, explosion, etc., which endanger the safety of consumers' lives and property. Therefore, many customers lack UL reports, resulting in the products being taken off the shelves and the right to sell. And so on, it is indispensable that malicious reports between peers trigger review. Amazon requires related UL reports for live products to be put on the shelves, and a test report issued by an ISO17025 qualified laboratory is required to sell normally and restore links.
Information required for Amazon UL test report processing:
1. A copy of the business license of the company data sheet (for customers who apply for UL for the second time)
2. Product description (including but not limited to the following) product name product model
3. Parts list-please provide the name and model, rating, and manufacturer information of the product parts. If the part has obtained UL certification, please indicate the UL file number of the part. If there are multiple suppliers for a certain part, they can be provided together.
4. Performance and specifications: such as size, rated voltage, current, frequency and power.
5. Structure drawing or exploded drawing: The structure drawing of the product. Please indicate the name of each part in the drawing so as to correspond to the parts list one by one.
6. Please provide the electrical schematic diagram for the circuit schematic: PCB schematic diagram PCBLAYOUT.
7. Product photos, instructions for use, safety matters or installation instructions, etc.
Fourth, Amazon UL test report processing process
1. The applicant submits an application.
2. The applicant fills in the application form and provides instructions and technical documents.
3. Determine the test standards and test items and make a quotation.
4. The applicant confirms the quotation, submits samples and related technical documents.
5. A notice of charging is issued to the applicant, and the applicant shall pay the certification fee according to the requirements of the notice of charging.
6. Arrange products for testing.
7. If the test fails, the applicant shall be notified and allowed to improve the product.
So, until the test is qualified. The applicant should make changes to the technical data in the original application to reflect the actual situation after the change.
8. If the test is qualified, provide the UL test report to the applicant.
5. Amazon UL test report processing fee and cycle
The specific cost depends on the specific product function. The test items of different products are different, so the cost is also different. Generally 5-7 working days, if the test fails, samples need to be retested. Time accumulation.
As long as the U.S. UL test standards used are not updated, the UL test report is valid for a long time.